Thursday, July 22, 2010

What to Listen For

On my 45 minute ride to and from work everyday, I usually have two options for my listening pleasure. In the morning it's usually Toucher and Rich on 98.5 The Sports Hub, and my Ipod on the way home. But the last couple of days, I plugged myself into NPR on the WGBH station out of Boston. I'm not usually one to listen to the news, I mean I do listen to some NPR pod-casts, but I typically watch my nightly news so I feel somewhat connected with the world. I have to say, it has been wonderful. I forgot how much I loved the news stories, and the quirky things they cover on all things considered. Also, I have a new found love for the Tour de France, and guess what!? Today on NPR I got an in-depth update about stage 17 through the highest peaks of the Pyrenees! I forgot that this is why I love radio so much, and the reason I am a COMM major. It is a medium where you can literally cover anything in the world, and make an audio story to go along with it. YAY NPR!

No comments:

Post a Comment